As the human race is advancing in technology day by day, humans are becoming more sedate and there is a severe lack of exercise and movement especially for office going people as today most of the jobs require you to be seated in front of some machine or a computer. So this lack of exercise and movement in our body has resulted in many complications in our body like Hypertension (high blood pressure), Diabetes, Obesity etc.
These are nowadays referred to as lifestyle diseases which in indeed true that these occur due to lifestyle and the environment. Due to pollution, spiked food(Food grown with artificial steroids to promote growth which includes animals used for food) these things have worsen.
Today we are going to talk about ways with which you can lower your blood pressure naturally without medications. It is the need of the time as many people resort to medications once they are diagnosed with Hypertension or high Blood pressure.
Friends I would like to inform you that medications can ameliorate the condition but to get rid of the same you have to do that by lifestyle changes only. Medicines on the other hand have side effects in longs term, like heart complications etc.
Without wasting much time let us begin: –
- Exercise: Now many people have told you the same but it is indeed true that you have to exercise regularly to prevent many conditions including Hypertension and High blood pressure. Exercise at least 2 Hours a day which includes lifting weights and cardio like running. Exercise relieves the undue pressure on heart and makes the heart stronger which results in lowering your blood pressure. Humans including all organisms were adapted to physical work so this dramatic change in lifestyle has resulted in many conditions like Hypertension, Diabetes etc.
- Eat a healthy diet: as I have mentioned in the first point that due to sudden change in the lifestyle of humans there has been many problems, humans earlier used to eat raw and less cooked food, processed food including sugars did not even existed.
We should eat healthy, potassium rich food(Renal Impairment people should get an advice from their doctor as potassium adversely effects renal patients). Eat unprocessed low fat diet including 70-80% Fresh Vegetables. We should follow a balanced diet and refrain from eating 4-5 hours before going to sleep.
- Reduce Salt intake: Salt increases your blood pressure instantly, you should cut back on sodium intake, never take over the table salt, salt is just like a kryptonite of Hypertension. It seems a hard job but you have to do it gradually and your taste buds will adjust accordingly like you have been eating low salt diet always.
- Reduce Stress: Stress is the biggest culprit of hypertension, stress is one of the main reasons of hypertension, stress makes you eat unhealthy food and what not some people get mood swings due to stress. Many people no matter how mammoth the task may be take it so stressfully rather than completing it inch by inch they put a paradigm in mind and start thinking about how it will be done rather than planning it. So guys it’s best to manage stress and chill out.
- Meditation: Meditation not only helps in managing stress it also helps you to focus more and help in preventing migraines, mood swings. You will feel fresh after meditation for just half an hour in the morning, it highly advised that you meditate in a quiet place with lots of plants.
- Reduce Caffeine Intake: Caffeine raises your blood pressure significantly especially strong coffee and coke, refrain and limit your caffeine intake during the day to at most two cups gradually reducing, meditation will help you focus more and cut the need of caffeine.
- Go out with family: Having a little picnic during weekends or a holiday in the wild can help you reduce stress and thereby reduce blood pressure. Share your feelings and get supports from friends and family. Perhaps you can go camping with your family and friends this weekends to get started.
- Lose Weight: Seek advice of a dietician and join a fitness club or a gym to help you reduce your weight according to the ideal BMI which will not only help you reduce your blood pressure but also keep other related conditions at bay like diabetes and at the same time will make you more handsome.
- Quit Alcohol and Smoking: To stay healthy you should quit smoking, alcohol or any other type of intoxicating substances like drugs and marijuana. These things will take you nowhere, history is proof that many big names including Michael Jackson had ruined their entire lives and careers due to drug abuse and other bad habits. It is highly recommended that you quit smoking and alcohol.
- Periodically record your Blood Pressure: You should periodically record your blood pressure and in case you feel some uneasiness or it shoot up above 130 mm Hg , it is highly advised that you see a good doctor.
What is the normal range of Blood Pressure?
Normal range is
80mm Hg Diastolic Blood Pressure
120 mm Hg Systolic Blood Pressure